Meditation centers around the world function only thanks to voluntary contributions. We believe that there are enough people in our country who will appreciate this intention and support the Javorie center so that it can continue in the long term and bring Buddhist teachings to our regions.
Fee for electricity – unfortunately, we are forced to take this step due to the prices of electricity (power and distribution components) which are several times higher this year. This is a solidarity fee for each course/session participant, which will contribute to the sustainability of the center so that we can be here for you next year and beyond. This fee will not cover the entire amount of the electricity increase, we will make up the difference from donations. As soon as the price of energy drops to an acceptable level, we will cancel the fee. Running costs contributions for 2023 otherwise remain unaffected. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Electricity Fee – unfortunately we are forced to take this step due to the several times higher electricity prices (both power and distribution component) that we are facing this year. This fee will not cover the full amount of the electricity increase, we will make up the difference with donations. Once the cost of power drops to a manageable rate, we will waive the fee. Operating contributions for 2023 will otherwise remain intact. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Why support the Dhamma, the Sangha and the Centre
- Generosity is one of the fundamental characteristics that Buddhists cultivate, so we want to build and support a community that cultivates this beneficial quality.
- As lay people (unlike monastics), we don’t have as many opportunities to meditate, so developing generosity is an essential aspect of our practice. Our actions affect our minds, so we want to give you the space to make the right decisions. A generous mind is relaxed, happy and content.
- Dhamma teachings are given for free because Dhamma is priceless and cannot be valued in money. That is why meditation centers all over the world function only thanks to voluntary contributions. We believe that there are enough people in our country who will appreciate this intention and support the Javorie center so that it can function in the long term.
- Promoting Dhamma greatly improves kamma. Good kamma helps good meditation. We would like to bring to Javorie an atmosphere of relaxed generosity and understanding of the essence of spiritual practice. Variable contributions could also be helpful for this, because a happy meditator equals a good meditation.
- Anyone who has been to our center knows that we want to provide people with the best possible conditions for meditation. We would like to appeal to everyone who can appreciate quality to start participating in the improvement and progress of the Javorie center.
- The richer and more affluent can support the less well-off in meditation with their higher contributions, so that even students and pensioners will be able to afford to come and meditate for longer.
- We believe that generosity is not only culturally conditioned, but is inherent in each of us. If you feel part of a big Sangha family, if you have benefited from learning and meeting Dhamma teachers, if you have grasped the incalculable value of the Dhamma and the importance of generosity (Dana) and are inspired by altruism and the principle of giving, then you certainly understand our intention with the recommended donations.
”Staying at Javorie helped me to experience inner peace. I am very grateful to the good and wise teacher and the quiet environment, which allowed me to loosen up and immerse myself in the meditation practice.PeterSlovakia